Every once in a while, the Venn Diagram of Treaties overlaps a bit. In my line of work, it’s usually the interplay of various Hague Conventions– noting that there is no such thing as “The” Hague Convention— which pertain mostly to private international law. Lots of civil stuff in play with these, the most frequently used examples:
- Hague Service Convention, 1965
- Hague Evidence Convention, 1970
- Hague Child Abduction Convention, 1980
- Hague Adoption Convention, 1993
- Hague Child Support Convention, 2007
There is also no such thing as “The” Montréal Convention– there are more than just one– but in common parlance in the litigation world, there’s little doubt which is in play.
Continue Reading The Montréal Convention and Hague Service